Summary of Commercial Manager Job Vacancy - Hong Kong
A large Joint Venture Civil Engineering construction project requires an experienced Commercial Manager to oversee all commercial matters in the project, matters relating to claims and matters in relation to procurement of subcontractors' and suppliers'.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage commercial staff, supervise the preparation of commercial review of tenders, sub-contract tender and related documentation;
- Oversee the project cash-flow by timely, complete and proper submission of interim applications;
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy;
- Procure and manage project supply chain in compliance with standard company policy;
- Effective management of risk and opportunities;
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Supervise, approve and endorse claim submissions;
- Manage all contract arrangements and documentation;
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports;
- Provide claims related advice
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience working as a Commercial or Contracts Manager
- Good knowledge of Civil Engineering projects
- Experience working on Government projects is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Cantonese.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional membership such as MRICS or equivalent membership
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a large Joint Venture project with more than 2 years left to run before completion. This is a long term role and you benefit from excellent training and development along with the chance for future promotion opportunities. Full details will be disclosed to successful applicants.