Responsibilities and Duties
- To lead the commercial team on a major civil engineering MTR project in Hong Kong
- To develop further and successfully manage project commercial strategy to include extensive claims, variations & delays
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
- Supervise project cash flow and supervision of the submission of interim applications for payment
- Draft appropriate additional contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement
- Be able to supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works
- Prepare commercial reports for internal & external use
- Provide expert contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Effective management of risk and opportunities
- Ability to be able to build a claims narrative & be positioning the company for a major claim submission in the event that all proposed variations & entitlements are not accepted by the client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working on MTR or other similar projects in Hong Kong or Asia is desirable
- Cantonese language skills desirable but not required
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is required.
- MRICS, HKIS, MCIOB, MInstCES or equivalent professional membership/qualification preferred
- Legal qualification desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Commercial Manager will be joining a world-class engineering, construction & contracting organisation in Hong Kong. Full details supplied to short listed applicants.