Summary of Commercial Manager Job Vacancy - London
A great opportunity for a Commercial Manager has arisen, for the supply of design and engineering services for major underground rail projects, including new rail systems/tracks, and station renewals/upgrades. You will commercially manage exciting projects whilst being responsible for a team of quantity surveyors.
The projects will be in relation to exciting rail projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading the commercial and project control teams to support the delivery of the project for the company
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of the project packages to budget, timescale and quality requirements
- Managing the contract and protecting the companies commercial and legal position.
- Managing and negotiating commercial changes, when necessary
- Working alongside the Project Manager and Technical Heads, as part of project management team, to lead a large multidisciplinary project team
- Senior input into leading major rail bids and participation in business development activities.
- Implementation and application of processes for managing and controlling commercial and financial issues
- Ensuring that suitable resources are available to deliver the project
- Monitoring progress and providing status reports internally and externally.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong Quantity Surveying background
- Firsthand experience as a Commercial Manager for design services on a major multidisciplinary project, preferably rail related;
- Experience of working as part of a large multidisciplinary team to deliver major infrastructure projects
- Experience of delivering projects working collaboratively with clients and other contractors
- Experience of managing contracts and projects with major rail contractors
- Excellent knowledge and application of modern project control and financial tools and processes
- Good communication skills
- Good commercial skills
- Experience of major stations upgrade projects is preferable
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or construction discipline is desired but not essential
- Chartered Member of the RICS is desired but may not be essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a leader in engineering, consulting, design, programme management in construction. They work on pioneering projects of a large and complex nature, on a global scale. They are the forefront of promoting career development, and are renowned for having a good work life balance whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.