Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervising the letting of subcontracts & handle all related contractual issues
- Assist with the recruitment and management of a full team of quantity surveyors
- Advise on methods of resolving contractual issues
- Management of variations & applications for payment & to ensure that they are issued on time & that entitlements are protected
- Accurately monitor expected performance and financial return on all projects and report progress V targets to senior management at regular intervals.
- Hold regular positive and productive progress meetings with the client and their representatives in order to maintain good relations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Major build project experience (GBP100m+) is essential ideally in mixed use construction and including towers and podium construction
- Previous experience as a Project QS, Managing QS or Commercial Manager level role is essential
- A proven strong but diplomatic management style is needed to ensure commercial clarity & progress is maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Strong communication skills and previous experience in a senior or management role is needed along with strong literacy, numeracy and computer skills
- A degree level formal qualification in quantity surveying, commercial management or another relevant field is highly desirable
- - A professional qualification such as MRICS, HKIS, MCIOB, MInstCES, ACIArb etc would be advantageous.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Full details on this major employer will be provided to shortlisted applicants
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 2 year contract.
- Salary Negotiable but circa GBP 120,000