Commercial ManagerRef MAX8601 Job Posted 28/03/2019 Region Macau Location Macau Salary GBP130,000 Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A Commercial Manager is needed to take on a 'country' or 'regional' Commercial Manager role in Macau to develop and manage new business in the territory within both the civil engineering and building sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To develop business opportunities in the Macau region through networking, responding to tender requests & seeking new opportunities for the business
- To work collaboratively to produce attractive tenders to submit in line with company policy & strategy
- To manage the setup and running of projects awarded from start to finish
To recruit junior quantity surveying staff as required to deliver project based work & assist with their management and training
- Monitor, report & take responsibility for the Macau company profit & loss account
Also, on live projects to:
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy
- Supervise project cash flow and supervise the submission of interim applications
- Supervise preparation of project final accounts
- Effectively manage risk and opportunities
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable candidates will be experienced Commercial Managers who will have already mastered commercial and contractual processeses within a major contracting environment.
- In addition, they will have demonstrated strong management of both processes and commerical staff, having delivered successful project outcomes and profitable projects.
- Experience with a major contractor delivering projects using established and proven systems & processes is essential.
- A degree in quantity surveying and MRICS/HKIS/MInstCES etc is expected although ability and demonstrable capability is most important.
- Suitable candidates for this role will be patient & diplomatic & be willing to invest time and effort into this long term career role which is likely to develop into a senior management role over time
- Knowledge & experience of the Macau market would be advantageous but not essential
- A degree in quantity surveying and MRICS/HKIS/MInstCES etc is expected although ability and demonstrable capability is most important
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Commercial Manager applicant will be joining a world-class engineering and construction contractor in Macau. With a multi-billion HK$ annual turnover they are a top tier major player in Asia contracting. They offer all the training, career development & promotion opportunities one would expect
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Excellent Salary and comprehensive package available to the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend