Responsibilities and Duties
- To lead a commercial team on a major road & bridge project in Hong Kong from mobilisation on site through to completion and to final account & claims.
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement & check those being written by others in the commercial team on site.
- Supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works & follow through to the receipt of payment
- Prepare full commercial reports for presentation to company directors in person
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Ability to be able to build a claims narrative & be positioning the company for a major claim submission in the event that not all variations & entitlements are not accepted by the client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Legal qualification desirable
- Experience of woking on Hong Kong Highways Department or other Government department projects is desirable
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is desired.
- MRICS, HKIS, MCIOB, MInstCES or equivalent professional membership/qualification preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Commercial Manager will be joining a world-class engineering, construction & contracting organisation in Hong Kong.
Full details supplied to short listed applicants.