Commercial ManagerRef MAX8047 Job Posted 04/05/2017 Region Oman Location Oman, Middle East Salary TBC Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Our client is looking for a seasoned Commercial Manager to work on one of the largest economic initiatives in Oman's modern history; which includes the development of a world class port and multi modal transportation hub.
The position involves managing the development of port, maritime and civil infrastructure as well as the built environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage commercial staff, supervise the preparation of pre-qualifications submissions, commercial review of tenders, sub-contract tender and related documentation;
- Oversee the project cash-flow by timely, complete and proper submission of interim applications;
- Continually work towards, prepare and agree on project final account;
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy;
- Procure and manage project supply chain in compliance with standard company policy;
- Effective management of risk and opportunities;
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Supervise, approve and endorse claim submissions;
- Manage all contract arrangements and documentation;
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports;
- Report on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good level of relevant experience, preferably working for contractors;
- Experienced in large civil works projects.
- Proven record demonstrating good commercial & contractual acumen;
- Good knowledge of contract conditions, standard methods of measurement and contracting;
- Results oriented, customer focused, good in planning and organizational skills;
- Good leadership skills with experience in managing a QS staff;
- Excellent command of English.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or building studies/construction management/civil/structural engineering related field.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A thriving locally registered contractor with ambitious plans to capitalise on the development ongoing in the Duqm region of Oman. Committed to helping you achieve your potential and always looking for talented and dedicated people to join their dynamic and vibrant team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- competitive salary & package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend