A Commercial Manager is needed to join the highways division of major national civil engineering contractor. Projects include a major road and junction improvement scheme along the M4 corridor, works on the M3 and in other areas of the M25 as part of major Highways England investment.
Various major roads and highways projects GBP100 to GBP200m in value
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Project Commercial Manager, you will be leading a team of other quantity surveyors and will be required to take overall responsibility for all of the project’s quantity surveying functions. Some duties your role will involve include:
- Carrying out periodic valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts.
- Measuring, valuation, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Preparing to submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensuring business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Regular communication with project management and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Handling variations & claims preparation work.
Desired Skills and Experience
This civil engineering contractor is looking for extensive experience in a similar civil engineering contracting infrastructure environment.
- A sound and broad background. in both quantity surveying and commercial management
- Demonstrable people management experience
- Successful pre and post contract and final account experience
- An understanding of the principles of contracts and a range of contract experience and knowledge eg. ECC, ICE, GC Works and NEC as well as the willingness to learn new forms of contract
- A diversity and quality of experience enabling you to take on a growing range of projects and duties rather than experience of one particular field
- Good communication skills and the ability to resolve issues with the confidence to undertake successful formal and informal negotiations
- Motivation to continue personal and professional development. A degree level QS qualification is sought but is not essential.
A QS degree and MRICS or equivalent is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major UK and international contractor with specialist capability in both major road contracts and road maintenance term contracts.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Company car
- Health scheme
- Medical scheme
- Generous bonus cheme