Discussed at IV Shortlist Stage
Responsibilities and Duties
- To manage the setup and running of a major new rail project awarded.
- To handle the full commercial and contractual function on site, reporting monthly to head office.
- To recruit junior quantity surveying staff as required to deliver project based work & assist with their management and training
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy;
- Supervise project cash flow and supervise the submission of interim applications;
- Supervise preparation of project final accounts.
- Effectively manage risk and opportunities;
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports;
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable candidates will be experienced Senior Quantity Surveyors/Commercial Managers who will have already mastered commercial and contractual processeses within a major contracting environment.
- In addition, they will have demonstrated strong management of both processes and commerical staff, having delivered successful project outcomes and profitable projects.
- Experience with a major contractor delivering projects using established and proven systems & processes is essential.
- Experience of rail projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge & experience of the Singapore market would be advantageous but not essential
- A degree in quantity surveying and MRICS/HKIS/MInstCES etc is expected although ability and demonstrable capability is most important.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Commercial Manager applicant will be joining a world-class engineering and construction contractor in Singapore.
With a multi billion HK$ annual turnover they are a top tier major player in Asia contracting.
They offer all the training, career development & promotion opportunities one would expect.
Commercial Managers, Managing QS & high flying Project Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors are invited to apply in confidence with a CV in Word format.