Responsibilities and Duties
The role requires excellent knowledge of contracts and their application, analytical appraisal, risk analysis, mitigation appraisal & costing and production of commercial reports. Your principle aims will be to develop and manage an excellent client working relationship whilst ensuring capture of full entitlement and value, including recognising and negotiating settlement of compensation events.
- A person who’s attitudes, conduct and demeanour reflects the company values and who is able to effectively represent the company;
- A strong people manager, who is focused and has experience in getting the best out of people
- A person who is accustomed to working with senior management and clients;
- A person able to work on their own initiative and be able to schedule workload to meet priorities;
- An experienced professional with extensive knowledge of highways management and operations;
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of managing key suppliers;
- Experience in managing projects;
- Able to display knowledge of tender processes and possess the skills to handle complex contract negotiations;
- A full driving licence is strongly preferred
- Experienced in preparation, submission, reconciliation of applications for payment through to cash collection
- Capable of influencing within cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of various forms of term contract i.e. NEC Term Service Contract , ICE
- Commercial negotiation of change management
- Sub-contract negotiation and supply chain management
- Pricing review and modelling
- Risk and project management experience
- Good knowledge of the highways maintenance sector is essential
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of making a material contribution to improving the returns on contracts
- Good highway and contract knowledge and practical application.
- Practical experience of assisting with mobilising new contracts , or delivering proposed solutions
- Production of financial and management reports
- Project management and Risk management expertise.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent;
- Professional membership of a relevant organisation such as RICS would be desirable;
- Membership of recognised professional body or in process of applying is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a world class infrastructure services business operating across the infrastructure lifecycle, with leading positions in major markets. The interviewing company has a £multi-billion turnover in the UK, and operates in over 80 countries in diverse markets and economies, providing the assets societies need to function, develop and thrive.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- An attractive benefits package with salary commensurate with experience plus company car or allowance, pension and bonus scheme.