Company Commercial ManagerRef MAX8820 Job Posted 13/11/2019 Region North and Scotland Location York Salary To 60,000 + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Company and Project Commercial Manager is needed to join a dynamic privately owned power, rail and construction contractor based in York.
A construction Commercial Manager job vacancy with responsibity for all commercial & financial aspects of a rail and construction power business.
Your role will be to ensure all activities are undertaken within budget controls and achieve client and contractual requirements.
You will oversee revenue and expenses for both projects and the wider business and you will create financial returns, with the aim of maintaining financial stability and increased profitability.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Commercial Manager based in York will report directly to the company Directors.
Depending on experience and capability, the role will include responsibility for the company Commercial team and possibly also the Finance team.
A guide to day-to-day Commercial Manager job duties are as follows:
- To lead and develop the Commercial and Finance team and function.
- To work with the Directors and improve work winning and take part in marketing of the company.
- To review work winning performance and determine areas for improvement, to propose new ideas and opportunities
- Establish and maintain a reporting regime for monitoring commercial progress and reporting of issues arising.
- Assist the operations team in a monthly operations review and provide analysis to the operations team.
- Manage Client / Subcontractor / Supplier contract arrangements & mechanisms and advise the Directors with regard to compliance issues and risk.
- Liaise with client, contractors and third parties to ensure all work complies with the set commercial terms and arrangements.
- Aid briefing of staff to ensure there competence commercially in control of daily project activities.
- Liaise with both Client / Subcontractors and Suppliers, or other third parties for the execution of commercial applications and payments.
- Lead and manage Financial Staff in production of finance reporting and analysis, including performance against budget.
- Develop budgets and assist in the ongoing review of the strategic business plan.
- Prepare and present business commercial & finance information to support ongoing progress and review of activities, and additional reporting and analysis required from time to time.
- Support the Project Management function in execution of their commercial duties, which includes representation to Clients / Subcontractors and Suppliers when needed.
- Ensure activities comply with HSQE Policies, conform to contractual obligations and meet statutory HS&E regulations. (Y01-AA-REG-0014 Legislative Acts & Compliance Obligations)
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 -15 years Quantity Surveying and commercial management experience within a projects environment is essential although much more experience including demonstrable people management and the commercial supervision of a project from outline design costing through to final account is desirable.
- Experience of NEC or Network Rail contract forms is desirable
- Experience of working on power distribution contracts, either turnkey or supply & install is desirable.
- For this role, strong leadership and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills, and be comfortable making presentations and leading various staff meetings.
- Strong analytical skills are also essential.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite is essential and knowledge of Sage Accounting Software is desirable.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (or equivalent) is expected.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A power and rail specialist company providing client solutions to a variety of major rail industry end users and contractors.
This employer works to provide the rail and construction industry with retrofits, upgrades and new build power solutions that are designed in house and supervised in house with a complete project management service.
Full details will be supplied to shortlisted construction industry Commercial Manager candidates that have relevant power and construction industry experience.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary, car allowance, contributory pension
- Salary is negotiable for the right candidate with the ideal power distribution commercial management experience.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend