Rail Construction Director required for major metro project in Malaysia.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for planning and programming of the Civil Works and supervising the work of a large technical and supervisory staff.
- Responsible for an overall picture of project direction, anticipating and taking necessary steps to manage and handle relevant matters.
- To ensure project is carried out in line with the project goals, Clients policies and the Contract specifications.
- Responsible for formulation of project policies in respect of the civil infrastructure works.
- Liaise with contractors, government officials and relevant parties to identify and solve problems and any other matters to ensure smooth implementation of the Project.
- To coordinate, review and report any feedback from the client, with a view to preventing-conformances and generally improving the organization, practices and procedures.
- To monitor Project progress at site according to the approved programs.
- To monitor supervision performance by the Supervising Consultant (SC) at site, such that the Works are being performed in accordance with the specifications, approved drawings, plans, work procedures and Quality Systems Methods.
- To comply and adhere to all matters pertaining to Project management related to the job scope and work place as required by the company.
- To monitor and coordinate the construction activities at site.
- To oversee the execution of construction procedures, plans and practice notes to ensure stringent standards of quality and safety are complied with and the specified engineering and construction processes are implemented correctly.
- To review project risks in order to mitigate impact and to establish contingency plans, as and when necessary.
- To identify deficiencies and initiate remedial action during the execution of the project, as and when required.
- To ratify rectification plans when the works fail to meet the prescribed standards and to instruct the preparations of explanatory reports by the SCs as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 25 years working experience in heavy Civil engineering, with at least 10 years in metro railway construction.
- Having experience in the production and erection of match-cast segmental Box Girder Bridges is an advantage to this position.
- Must be a team player, with good communication and multi-disciplinary experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering & Chartership of a recognized professional Body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a well known regional building and civil engineering company. They have many years of experience in a variety of project disciplines such as large scale public buildings, power plants, roads, bridges and development works. This opportunity present a fabulous challenge with excellent rewards.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A very attractive salary and comprehensive package is avaibale to the right candidate.