Construction Project Manager
Client side project management jobs don't come any better than this!
A seasoned Construction Manager is needed to lead the onsite process and construction of a massive resort expansion development in Singapore.
The project is now underway so this is a live urgent construction job vacancy requiring urgent applications from suitably experienced building services engineers.
You will be stationed on the project in downtown Singapore.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Senior Construction Manager, the Construction Manager is responsible for all aspects of the onsite process and construction of major projects within the Department of Development and Project Management team.
The set role will include involvement at an early stage in the development of the project with the majority of the role concentrating on the delivery aspect of the defined works.
The successful candidate must have commercial construction industry experience on major fit-out, A & A projects with experience in live working environment preferable.
- Lead the onsite team ensuring strict compliance with health, safety, environmental and sustainability guideline stipulated by the client.
- Ensure housekeeping and quality benchmarks are being met in each works area.
- Lead the onsite team and ensure project completion within the set budget, schedule and conformance with the contract documents.
- Participate in development of scopes of work for each trade, with the purchasing department.
- Input into and develop a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner under the project managers directive.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the trade contractors to review the following: shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment/material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections vis-a-vis the project schedule, quality performance issues on and off site.
- Identify any factory visits that may be required and schedule accordingly.
- Conduct regular project/contractor meetings to review project progress and the following issues: Current cost projections/change orders issued to date, anticipated “pending” costs, schedule update, requisition review, highlight near term major activities, changes to the project, any other issues deemed appropriate.
- Work with trade contractors to carry out benchmarking for discreet activities so as to agree quality benchmarks.
- Evaluate and assess trade contractor method statements and contract documentation for buildability and provide suitable feedback.
- Liaise with the employer’s safety manager in the development of a site-specific safety plan.
- Prepare detailed, accurate timely project reports including work schedules, implementations, deviations, change in subcontractors, customer issues and other related problems.
- Initiate and implement best practices, procedures and standards in compliance with Company’s laws
Desired Skills and Experience
- 15+ years previous work experience as a Construction Manager, preferably with 5 years in A & A related field
- Working knowledge of scope of work covered by contracts.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team to build collaboration and efficiency.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the budget process.
- Ability to communicate effectively across offices.
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills, and experience supervising, training and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and working with others.
- Must be a self-starter and real go-getter.
- Higher National Diploma/Degree in Engineering, BArch degree Architecture / built environment or BSc Construction Management discipline as a minimum.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a massive resort developer and owner, boasting one of the biggest and most valuable resort and casino property portfolios in the world. It has provided construction careers to many in Singapore as well as in other parts of the world
A full profile will be advised to shortlisted applicants.
Please apply via the Maxim website only, with a CV of 2-5 pages in length saved in Word format and see if you can be successful in securing a construction job interview with the client.