Consult Level Delay AnalystRef MAX9109 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary Circa £40k - £55k + Bonus Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 10/03/2021 Status Live
Our client is a bespoke, London based claims and disputes consultancy searching for an entry level Delay Analyst to join their growing team.
This role would particularly suit candidates currently working for traditional contractors, consultancies or client organisations in a role where they have had exposure to carrying out delay analysis and using planning software’s such as Primavera and Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project.
The vacancy on offer would be perfect for candidates with the above experience who want to specialise in a delay analysis role and pursue a long-term career in claims and disputes.
The hiring company offers a range of specialist consultancy services to its clients who are experiencing problems in their projects and do not have the in-house expertise to resolve them favourably.
Services can include:
- Advisory services in relation to dispute avoidance and dispute resolution
- Preparation of claims
- Negotiation and settlement of claims and disputes
- Support and representation in mediation and adjudication
- Expert Witness and advisory services for arbitration and litigation
Due to the nature of the services this employer offers, candidates will gain exposure to a unique issues on a wide range of projects varying across all sectors of the construction industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates at this level are not expected to have carried out all of the following duties previously. However, you must have had a good exposure to dealing with delay related claims issues within their previous roles. Further training and support can be provided to develop your skills into a more rounded delay analyst moving forward.
A snapshot of your duties and responsibilities within this role include.
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects. This will include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Preparing programmes for new construction projects and the monitoring and resequencing of existing programmes to ensure live works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The preparation of written reports for use in negotiation, as well as formal dispute resolution processes such as mediation, adjudication and litigation; prepared as either advocate or assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’ planning assistance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Likely to come from a project planning background to have the necessary skills to carry out this role. Ideally a minimum of several years in a planning role would be desired.
- Must have prior experience of using at least one of the following planning software’s on a regular basis (Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject or Microsoft Project).
- A degree of understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- Have a good working knowledge of standard forms of contract. Most importantly JCT or NEC.
- Strong written skills are imperative to succeed in this role and candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate a high level of ability in this area.
- Strong client facing and presentation skills are also essential.
- Adaptable and hungry to continue learning. For example, learning new varieties of contract, analysis techniques and claims and dispute related trends.
- The ability to work on multiple commissions concurrently.
- A high level of knowledge of construction techniques.
- A relevant construction degree.
- Studying towards a higher qualification in construction law or similar equivalent could be advantageous but is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a London based, bespoke claims and disputes consultancy with circa 25 staff. They are a well-established, growing business with an expert team of staff which includes accredited mediators, qualified adjudicators and practicing expert witnesses.
They have a strong network within the legal profession and are regularly approached by the lawyers and solicitors of domestic and international construction companies to provide support and guidance on problem projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary in the region of £40k - £55k depending on experience at this level
- Entry Level Delay Analyst Birmingham - £40k - £50k + Benefits
- Entry Level Delay Analyst Manchester - £40k - £50k + Benefits
- Entry Level Delay Analyst Leeds, West Yorkshire - £40k - £50k + Benefits Package
- Entry Level Delay Analyst Central London - £40k - £50k + Benefits Package
- Manager - Delay Analyst Central Manchester - £65k - £80k (DOE)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend