Contract Administrator (Claims)
A Contract Administrator (Claims) is required to work for a leading International (European) Contractor on a large heavy civils project in Costa Rica. The successful candidate will work in a hands on role dealing with general day to day contractual claims work including management variations, extensions of time claims and assisting with preparation of claims for DAB.
Whilst your first assignment (circa 2 years) would be based in Costa Rica, the hiring company perform work globally and the successful candidate would need to show flexibility and desire to work long term for the business on similar projects globally.
The project is a large Container Terminal based on the east coast of Costa Rica. The projects is already under construction, however it will have at least 18 - 24 months of construction before it is completed.
The project consists of reclaiming 40 hectares of land, dredging, soil improvement, 650m Quay Wall construction as well as associated buildings including a large substation.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a small teams of claims specific to this project. This is a hands on role and your main focus will be to deal with day to day contractual claims issues that arise on site. Successful candidates will need to be highly experienced in assessing and writing contractual documents independently, including Extension of claims, variations and also preparing relevant contractual evidence that could potentially be used to go to DAB.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Quantity Surveying background
- Several years experience in a contractual / claims biased role
- Previous experience of working as a QS or Claims Specialist on Heavy Civils projects is desired
- Previous experience of preparing documents for DAB is desired
- Must have excellent written and verbal English
- Knowledge of English law is essential, therefore ideally candidates who have worked at some point in their career in the UK or for British contractors are desired
- Candidates must be qualified to degree level (or similar equivalent) in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Further qualifications specific to Construction Law such as MSc or LLB are desirable. However candidates with relevant experience who are working towards such qualifications will be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the largest and most respected construction groups in the World. They have a diverse project portfolio Worldwide , however are arguably best known for their ability to carry out major civils work such on projects such as Airports and marine work. They have a truly global presence with mega projects in the Americas, Middle East, Australia, Africa, Asia and Europe.
This is a fantastic role for any Quantity Surveyors who are looking for a sustained career overseas on major projects with a leading contractor.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£65k - £77k NET Salary
+ 12 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation
+ Optional pension scheme