Contracts and Commercial Manager
International civil engineering recruitment continues apace as our client, a major civils and build contractor based in Doha, Qatar, is seeking to appoint an experienced Contracts and Commercial Manager, with academic experience in UK, Europe, South Africa, Australia, to oversee their portfolio of international civil and build projects.
The Contracts and Commercial Manager is a key contracts administration related position in the business, based in the client’s HQ in Doha Qatar with a remit over multiple major projects. Responsible for the commercial and contractual aspects of overall work winning, design, construction and successful and safe delivery of multiple civil and build projects globally.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing, monitoring and mentoring staff members of all levels within the contractual and commercial teams on projects and main office;
- Liaising with company’s legal representatives on a variety of topics;
- Ensures correct and appropriate commercial and contractual staffing levels on all projects;
- Preparing and vetting Claims and Engaging in Dispute Resolutions;
- Representing the company and supporting legal counsel on all Litigations and Arbitrations proceedings;
- Providing responses to bids, proposals and contract negotiations;
- Preparing requests for proposals for distribution to vendors;
- Developing and updating standard contracts for the company;
- Analysing all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, and with company policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines;
- Developing relationships with both Clients and supply chain vendors;
- Analysing and recommending mitigating measures on Contractual Risks that may affect the company;
- Updating, improving and maintaining the Corporate Contract/Commercial Processes and Procedures;
Desired Skills and Experience
- 25 years’ plus experience in the contracting sector, with last 10 years as a Corporate Contracts Manager for a grade-A contractor, involved in corporate contract management on major Civil/Infrastructure, Airport, Roadworks, and High-rise building projects.
- Significant experience of administering FIDIC forms of contract.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East
- Contract management on major Civil Infrastructure, Airport, Roadworks, and High-rise building projects.
- Tendering, procurement, construction methodology, design development, project management, contracts administration to FIDIC forms of contract
- Experience in Risks Mitigation, Contracts Administration, Claims, Disputes resolution, and Commercial management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a UK university
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major main contractor with an impressive portfolio of civil infrastructure and building projects in the Middle East. They are expanding and have created this new position of Contracts Manager for which they invite suitably qualified talent to apply.