International civil engineering recruitment continues apace as our client, a major civils and build contractor based in Ankara Turkey is seeking to appoint an experienced Contracts Manager, preferably who studied in UK, to oversee their portfolio of international civil and build projects.
The Contracts Manager is a key engineering related position in the business, based in the client’s HQ in Ankara Turkey with extensive travel (60/40 split) to overseas projects. Responsible for the overall work winning, design, construction and successful and safe delivery of multiple civil and build projects globally.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Contracts Manager will be responsible for the safe and successful delivery of multiple projects across the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa
- Responsible for quality, safety and health on the projects
- Budget management and cost control
- Schedule management
Desired Skills and Experience
- An Engineering background.
- Preferably Degree holder from British university
- 25 years’ experience in the contracting sector
- Significant experience of administering FIDIC forms of contract.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East
- Contract management on major Civil Infrastructure, Airport, Roadworks, and High-rise building projects.
- Tendering, procurement, construction methodology, design development, project management, contracts administration to FIDIC forms of contract
- Experience in Risks Mitigation, Contracts Administration, Claims, Disputes resolution, and Commercial management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a UK university
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major Turkish main contractor with an impressive portfolio of civil infrastructure and building projects in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa. They are expanding and have created this new position of Contracts Manager for which they invite suitably qualified talent to apply.