Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will join a large commercial and contractual team on this project in a management role. Whilst there is a combination of building and civil engineering work on this project, there is a bias towards the building aspects of the project on the role the hiring company is performing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in strategic planning activities for specific projects (e.g., risk assessment, bid/no bid analysis, participation in business plan development, etc.).
- Provides technical guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
- Collaborates with Client and project management consultant to ensure proper support in proposal preparation, as well as contract negotiations and administration.
- Reviews requests for proposals to identify risks and contractual terms not conforming to policy.
- Negotiates the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues with clients.
- Maintains an active participation in related professional societies to keep abreast of relevant contractual issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant previous experience in a Contracts Management role or similar equivalent is essential
- Excellent client facing and negotiation skills are essential for this position.
- Experience of working on large scale projects (Over $ 100m) is strongly desired
- Previous experience of working on an airport project for a prolonged period of time is an advantage, but not essential for candidates able to demonstrate the capability to perform in this type of position on a large scale project previously
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification is essential
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading International firm with a turnover in excess of US $ 3Bn. They have an outstanding reputation globally and a significant presence in the Middle East region boasting successful commissions on some of the region's leading civil engineering & infrastructure projects in particular.