Responsibilities and Duties
- Adopt hands on approach to the management of a team of Quantity Surveyors on a day to day basis working on a major new civil engineering projects
- Take a lead role in tendering activities as well as project execution
- Responsible for contract correspondence and contractual letters.
- Play a lead role in cash flow management and budget reviews.
- Provide professional contract/legal and strategy advice to ensure the project runs smoothly
- Draft and monitor Subcontracts and plant/material supply contracts
- Prepare monthly reports for senior management
- Valuation of variations and claims
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience working as a Contracts Manager ideally on civil engineering project within Hong Kong
- High level of commercial awareness as well as excellent negotiation skills
- Fluent in English and Cantonese
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lead and manage other staff.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful applicant will be joining one of the worlds' largest main contractors with numerous projects within Hong Kong. You will benefit from the chance to work on a variety of large scale civil engineering projects with the chance for future career progression. Full details will be disclosed to successful applicants.