This is a highly challenging role for a Contracts Manager to be responsible for $2Bn worth of work on the Riyadh Metro project in Saudi Arabia.
An experienced Contracts Manager is required to manage a complex package of $2Bn worth of work relating to the Riyadh Metro project. The successful candidate will work for the main contractor on the project and be responsible for all commercial, contractual and claims related work on this part of the project which includes large rail, civils and Mechanical & Electrical (rail systems) packages.
The Riyadh Metro project is one of the largest rail projects in the World. The overall project will eventually consist of 6 brand new lines spanning a total of 175 km in length and over 80 stations. The lines and stations will vary between being underground, ground level and raised.
The hiring company will be responsible for the design, construction, train carriages, signalling and electrification of a number of lines on the project. This is an EPC contract.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will manage a team of commercial staff on the project with their primary focus being to manage the commercial, contractual and claims issues that arise.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A commercial background (likely a Quantity Surveyor) on construction and engineering projects is essential
- Some experience on rail related projects is essential
- Some experience of working on mechanical & electrical (M&E) systems packages is strongly desired
- A main contracting background is desired
- Some claims experience is desired\
- Strong reporting skills are essential
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or other similar equivalent qualification is essential
- Further qualification in legal / disputes / contractual subject (ie LLB or MSc in Construction Law & Arbitration) is strongly desired
- Professional membership to relevant body such as CIArb or RICS is an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a globally renowned construction company capable of performing a range of services including engineering, construction and project management. They have a particular specialism in large civils & infrastructure projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly competitive salary (Negotiable) & ongoing career development & training
This is a single status assignment with options relating to work patter, accommodation and allowances.