Cost Associate- Civil Projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in all of the main areas of cost management (i.e pre-contract, post contract and final account);
- Estimating and cost planning including producing and presenting the final cost plan;
- Tendering and procuring packages and projects; including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents and dealing with tender clarifications;
- Dealing effectively with the change control processes, including negotiation and agreeing change events;
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations and ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place;
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client;
- Contributing to value engineering;
- Preparing or validating, together with negotiating and agreeing final accounts;
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages, including attendance at and contributing to a range of meetings;
- Good knowledge of the main procurement methods and their application;
- Good knowledge of the main types of construction contracts used in Hong Kong;
- Experience of utilising industry standard processes and systems (IT and other) to effectively deliver projects;
- Preparing commission update reports on risks, opportunities, progress and needs.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management/Engineering or equivalent;
- Have or working towards full membership of RICS or HKIS;
- Relevant experience working in Hong Kong;
- Civil engineering or Rail experience preferred;
- Excellent communication in both Cantonese (desired)) and English (essential).
- Candidates with Consultancy or Contracting experience will be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Working from over 80 offices in a global network the successful candidate will be joining a leading construction consultancy organisation. For this is a long term role with excellent opportunity for career progression and professional development. Full support will be given to candidates looking to develop a long term career with the company. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS SITE BASED WORKING FOR THE CLIENT ORGANISATION.