Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the civil engineering sector is strongly preferred, especially in structural, bridges, rail or roads experience.
- Consultancy experience
- A Degree or equivalent is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a world leading cost consultancy in the construction sector with experience in all sectors of the construction industry. With thousands of employees worldwide, this is a great opportunity to work your way up the career ladder with a big name on your CV.