Cost Management Associate Director
An Associate Director in Cost Management is required in Vancouver, Canada with a focus on Estimating on major construction projects. You will take responsibility for Estimating and in some cases end to end service delivery and to act as key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added service.
Projects will vary across a variety of construction sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing Cost Management estimates and reports for all asset classes related to real estate property and civil engineering infrastructure projects throughout Canada
- Overseeing Loan Monitoring reports for all asset classes related to real estate throughout Canada
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Identifying opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
- Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards and participation in ISO audits
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Leading a CM team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Lead proposals for new work or variations for existing projects
- Attending relevant networking events and other promotional opportunities
- Staff management – Inputting into the formal management of staff and recruitment interviews
- Undertake Staff Performance reviews
- Financial management – Utilizing the tools provided keep track of the ongoing margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience leading a team of Cost Management professionals
- Experience of Estimating processes
- Experience of relationship building with clients and cross-functional team members
- Experience in the Canadian construction market on projects in a similar role / Cost Management role
- A thorough understanding of the characteristics of costs on projects over a project life cycle
- Experience of working within the consultancy sector
- Recognized university degree
- Membership in relevant professional organizations
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. They draw on their extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of their clients’ assets.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package.