Delay Analyst Associate Director
One of the most exciting and rapidly growing quantum and delay expert witness consultancies is seeking to hire an Associate Director for their Delay division, to be based out of their London office.
The client is looking for experienced delay analysts who have acted in managerial roles on formal disputes proceedings, either as lead experts or lead assistant to the expert. The successful candidate will likely already have a network and reputation with lawyers and solicitors in the UK and be looking for greater opportunities to lead disputes, or perhaps work on larger disputes.
Due to the growth of the business, progression from Associate Director to Director will be supported and you will be given opportunities to lead disputes and grow your reputation within the legal sector, making this an intriguing role for any candidates who feel they are not progressing adequately with their current employer, who have hit the proverbial ‘glass ceiling’.
Whilst being based out of the London office, you will work on disputes for domestic and international projects. The client offers a variety of advisory and expert services to help their client base understand their true position when it comes to their contract and can support them through dispute proceedings.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a managerial role within the delay division of the business, and you will work closely with the Managing Director and Directors within the business to provide advisory and expert services to their client base.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Managing assignments with clients, ranging from advisory services through to formal dispute proceedings, including adjudication, arbitration and litigation
- Providing strategic legal and contractual advice to clients relating to delay issues
- Writing of expert reports and contractual letters
- Identifying and setting out clear instructions and strategy to a small team of staff on the various forms of analysis and techniques to use in relation to disputes
- Training and development of junior staff
- Working closely with external legal teams and client management
- Supporting a Delay expert witness with delay analysis and writing sections of the expert reports
- Business generation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant prior experience of managing disputes and advising clients and external legal teams on strategy.
- Written expert reports or sections of expert reports for adjudication, arbitration and/or litigation.
- A strong network of clients and legal professionals
- A strong background in an engineering, project management and/or planning background with a good knowledge of how projects are constructed
- Excellent demonstrable report writing skills.
- The ability to manage teams of staff on one or more dispute assignments
- Familiar with various methods of delay analysis
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to forensically review large quantities of data relating to disputes.
- Strong IT skills. Particularly on MS Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Degree qualified in a relevant construction subject
- Masters in Construction Law or a similar qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a rapidly expanding specialist disputes consultancy, offering quantum, delay and technical expertise to clients in the global construction market.
They can offer successful candidates a fantastic career in construction disputes, working alongside some of the most reputable experts in the UK. You will gain exposure to an enviable variety of disputes related work on projects all around the World, whilst being based in their London office.
The company have fully embraced flexible working and much of this role can be carried out remotely, however candidates (particularly at this level) must be willing to do regular days in the office to help their learning and development. Therefore, candidates living roughly in a 1-2 hour radius of the office are desired.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £80k - £110k Basic Salary
+ Lucrative bonus scheme
+ other Benefits