An entry-level Delay Analysis role exists in central London. You will work within the specialist claims and disputes division of a large multinational consultancy.
The client is looking to hire strong Project Managers who have had exposure to using planning software’s and delay analysis techniques as part of their traditional PM role.
This would be the ideal first step into construction disputes for Project Manager candidates with a genuine passion for transitioning into a delay analysis orientated role in the claims and disputes sector.
The client in question can offer the opportunity to work on domestic and international projects and disputes, as well as offering industry leading training & support which will enhance and develop your delay analysis skills.
To be eligible for this role, candidates must have at least 3-4 years in a role which has involved them using common planning software’s such as Primavera P6, Asta PowerProject and/or similar programmes.
The hiring company is one of the largest and most reputable consultancies in the UK. They have a large claims and disputes division within their business which comprises of circa 75 members of staff operating from 6 offices around the UK.
One of the key selling points to this role is the variety of projects and disputes that you will be exposed to within this role.
The client’s brand and reputation help to consistently secure work on some of the largest and high profile projects and disputes in the UK and Internationally.
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates will be expected to support senior staff on projects / assignments requiring planning and delay analysis expertise.
Whilst working in this role, you will gain exposure to live planning work, handling delay claims on live projects, working on formal disputes that are preparing for adjudications and similar resolution techniques, as well as supporting an expert witness in arbitration and litigation proceedings.
As well as carrying out various methods of delay analysis, your role will also be to advise clients generally on problematic projects. This can often include advising on dispute avoidance tactics, as well as advising when proceeding to formal dispute proceedings is not in the clients interest and advising on alternative resolution techniques.
As you become more experienced in the role, you will work more independently and gain greater exposure to more complex disputes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates may come from a Project Management, Planning or Engineering background but must have experience of managing programmes, using planning software and delay analysis techniques.
- It would be beneficial but not essential for candidates to have had exposure to carrying out delay analysis on formal disputes such as adjudication, arbitration, or litigation.
- Exposure to EOT claims is desired
- Candidates must be seriously motivated to progress their career in a specialist claims and disputes environment
- Good continuity of employment is desired by the client
- Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of using common planning software’s such as Primavera and Asta PowerProject
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Excellent writing skills will be required
- Candidates should be degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Membership of a professional body is advantageous but is not essential. As is further education, such as an MSc in construction law. Candidates working towards this or with a desire to gain such a qualification will also be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the largest and most reputable consultancies with multiple offices throughout the UK. They provide a variety of advisory services to their clients in relation to claims and contractual issues, formal disputes such as adjudications and expert witness services.
They are a large consultancy with a corporate feel, yet a personal touch. They can offer excellent career prospects for candidates wanting to dedicate their career to claims and disputes related work. You will receive regular performance and pay reviews and be supported to achieve relevant professional memberships and higher qualifications, such as an MSc in Construction Law.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary in the region of £40k - £60k (DOE)
+ Car Allowance
+ 25 days Holiday
+ 5% pension
+ Private Medical Insurance
+ Life Insurance