A Delay Analyst role exists to join a small but highly reputable, boutique claims and disputes consultancy in Sydney, Australia.
The successful candidate will have planning, programming and scheduling experience in construction and infrastructure projects with preferably some claims and delay exposure. Background could be consultant, contractor or client side.
The candidate should have strong writing skills with some experience of drafting reports for formal disputes such as adjudication, arbitration or litigation. This is something that you will be asked to demonstrate at the interview process.
You will work out of stylish offices overlooking the iconic Sydney Harbour area. The business offers a genuine consultative service to their clients providing advice on commercial and contractual strategy, claims management and advice on dispute resolution.
They have a strong client base throughout Australia and New Zealand and due to an increase in work in the Australasia region, there is a specific plan to grow the business by making several critical hires throughout 2022/23. They will actively work with you to provide you with the support and opportunities to become an expert witness.
You will be exposed to a broad range of interesting and challenging work, dealing with complex claims and disputes for companies operating in the construction and infrastructure industries.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will see you:
- Assist the Claims Managers to provide advice and prepare claims;
- Carrying out delay analysis on behalf of the client on claims related issues and formal disputes
- Writing/Drafting sections of expert reports;
- Developing claims and disputes strategies to meet client objectives;
- Drafting contractual correspondence;
- Briefing and working with other specialist consultants and legal professionals;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Planning, programming and scheduling experience on live projects with some exposure to delay analysis;
- Familiar with using common planning software’s such as Primavera P6 and Asta Powerproject;
- An ever growing knowledge of delay analysis techniques and where to best apply them;
- Excellent, demonstrable written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent, demonstrable problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- A construction related degree is essential.
- Achieved or working towards a Masters in construction law or similar subject is highly desirable but not essential. Some disputes experience is more valuable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a growing provider of specialist commercial advisory, claims management and dispute resolution services to the construction and infrastructure industries throughout Australia and New Zealand.
They are a small but growing boutique firm based in Sydney and with a strong client base in Australia and New Zealand. They pride themselves on providing a true consultative and advisory service to their clients.
The team is made of up industry experts with a wealth of experience in the claims and disputes sector. Successful candidates can expect to join a highly professional team that like to provide a very high level of service to their clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The salary for this role is negotiable dependant on the skills, experience and opportunities that a candidate can bring to the business. As a guide, however the basic salary is likely to be in the region of:
$135k - $160k AUS per annum (DOE)
+ 4 Weeks holiday