Delay Expert Director
An exciting opportunity to work as a Delay Director based in Hong Kong, working with Delay experts in a specialist construction disputes division working towards resolution through the process of arbitration on a range of high value international projects.
An excellent opportunity to work as a Director of Delay headquartered in Hong Kong, collaborating with Delay professionals in a division that specialises in construction disputes and works to resolve them through arbitration.
This role would suit Associate Directors currently working within delay disputes and can demonstrate extensive delay experience.
Suitable candidates will want to work for a premium expert consultancy operating at the top of the specialised construction disputes industry, providing independent expert opinion on delay matters and assisting clients through challenging arbitrations.
For this demanding construction Delay position, which will provide you access to some of the most fascinating and difficult construction conflicts, strong analytical problem-solving abilities and communication skills are a requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working with the Hong Kong and global delay team, which includes renowned delay experts and in consultation with members of the quantum team, you will determine the best approach to individual arbitration matters in order to help clients achieve the desired legal outcome. You will do this as a Director within the specialist delay division of the construction disputes business.
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses across various construction and engineering projects to include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Support junior members of staff.
- Network with your established contacts in the legal industry.
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to have the necessary experience to undertake the Hong Kong-based Director Delay job role described above, it is expected that suitable candidates will have recent experience either as a Delay Consultant or Delay Senior Consultant, or as a Delay Associate Director.
Preference to those who hold experience of assisting experts in arbitration-related work.
- 10+ years of experience within construction project planning and delay dispute work.
- Demonstrable skills in using relevant software tools such as: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak and similar IT tools.
- A demonstrable understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- A good working knowledge of various standard forms of contract, including NEC and JCT & FIDIC
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving skills and be able to evidence the ability to work as a part of a team.
- Experience overseeing and managing the work of junior level Planners or Delay Analysts.
- The ability to manage multiple commissions.
- Excellent written and verbal skills including experience drafting delay-related reports or briefing documents for management or stakeholders relating to construction delay claims, or ideally for litigation/arbitration (and show demonstrable ability to write and conduct business in English)
- An analytical mind with motivation to solve problems,
- Degree level education in a construction related field.
- Relevant MSc in engineering and/ or Construction Law and Disputes LLM would be a strong advantage.
- Ideally Chartered or working towards Chartership.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer holds specialisms in both quantum and delay services across the globe, supporting their clients when they are faced with their greatest challenges and opportunities through independent expert opinion services.
Working at this company will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside several market-leading industry experts on exciting and high-profile international arbitration work.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across the globe will be provided to shortlisted applicants.