An exciting role exists as a Design Manger for a leading London based main contractor working on projects in excess of £50m within the central London area. The role would suit a Design Manager with a proven track record of working on high value, complex projects within the London construction sector. You will be rewarded by working for a market leading employer and the ability to work on a varied range of projects.
The hiring company are a leading main contractor within the London built environment. Typical projects that the company are delivering range in value between £50m - £150m and span across the full breadth of the built environment; from schools to large high end residential properties as well as large mixed use developments including commercial properties.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Design Manager you will be site based role and you will deal with a range of pre and post contract duties on a particular project, including:
• Ensure the Control Manager for the work orders (planned works) is fully aware of any impact on cost, quality and timely delivery of the design teams work
• Ensure all project outcomes meet the customer expectations
• Day to day management of direct reports and providing the strategy / leadership to achieve the business / contract objectives
• Management of the design team
• Manage risk, commercial issues and compliance processes and procedures in relation to Quality, H&S, Environmental Management and other policies
• Establish and manage the documentation and deliverables completion processes.
• Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
• Production of a Contractor’s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
• Preparation of Briefs for structural investigations, surveys and monitoring.
• Budgetary management of tender design fees and preparation of detailed design fee estimates.
• Designer liaison including design review meetings, progress & performance reporting, and design change control.
• Liaison with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties.
• Input to analytical & interpretative reports on technical and commercial factors.
• Review of designs on behalf of the contractor, including interrogating drawings and other technical documentation.
• Leading evaluation of added value options and participation in value engineering meeting
Desired Skills and Experience
• A proven track record of delivering projects as a Design Manager within a London based main contractor
• Experience on Residential, Commercial, Education or Mixed Use projects in excess of £50m
• Proven ability to lead the Design Process from Pre-construction through to project completion
• A formal qualification in a relevant subject is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of London’s largest main contractors with a group turnover in excess of £650m and regularly delivering projects between £50m and £150m within the built environment. They boast a great client base which allows them to carry out a varied portfolio of exciting and complex projects within the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary in the region of £50k - £67.5k dependant on experience
+ Travel allowance
+ Private Medical Insurance