Director of Quantum and Delay
Summary of Director of Quantum and Delay Job Vacancy - Hong Kong
A prestigious construction consultancy is seeking a Regional Director for their dispute resolution services in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work as key senior Asia Pacific Management Team member to grow and develop the business.
- Responsible for retaining and developing existing clients/staff.
- Develop existing procedures/systems to match the Best Practice within the Asia Pacific market.
- Manage the dispute resolution team to successfully deliver services to employers and contractors.
- Monitor the external consultant team, contractors and other parties associated with the dispute resolution services.
Desired Skills and Experience
- In depth knowledge of contract and arbitration law and practice and procedures for arbitration, mediation and other dispute resolution processes is essential.
- Sound commercial management experience in a senior position with contractor, employer or consultant is essential.
- Experience in arbitration management is essential.
- Experience as an expert witness on quantum (i.e. assessment of additional cost/loss and expense/damages claims, measurement issues, adjustment of rates, valuation of variations) and/or delay matters(i.e. assessment of causes and effects of delays and disruption to construction and engineering works using various methods of analysis) is essential
- Extensive experience in NEC contracts
- Asia-Pacific experience is essential.
- Extensive experience of Dispute Resolution with some of this having been at a supervisory level is essential.
- Membership of a recognized quantity surveying or engineering professional institution is essential (ICES/RICS, ICE).
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, preferably as a Fellow, is essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidates will be joining a market prestigious leading construction consultancy firm with an established reputation in Hong Kong and the wider Asia region. The successful candidates will benefit from excellent training and development on a wide range of construction projects. Full details will be disclosed to short-listed candidates.