Director of Quantum Expert Services
A Director is required to join the Quantum team of a premium, renowned Construction Expert Witness consultancy to be based in their London office.
The successful candidate will be acting as the lead assistant to the primary Quantum Expert. You will work together to prepare analysis and expert reports for high value and complex arbitration and litigation proceedings.
As a construction Quantum Director / Associate Director, you will work on complex construction disputes relating to a variety of major projects around the world. This senior level Quantum Director role will be based from the Central London office with the opportunity to work from home a few days a week
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role as Director / Associate Director Quantum Disputes will include:
- Acting as the “number 2” / lead assistant to the testifying quantum expert
- Expert report writing and process management at the highest level
- Examining documents and projects based on various industries i.e., infrastructure, oil & gas and residential
- Provision of specialist expert advice through presentations, proposals, and reports
- Management of the workload of the wider quantum disputes project team
- Managing budgets, finances, fee statements, and client negotiations
- Drafting fees and project proposals for significantly large projects
- Lead in managing the development and training of team members
- Leading client meetings and organising client-related events
- Work towards providing expert testimony in a live legal context
- Working closely with the existing leadership team in a collaborative way to drive the business forward
- You will develop your reputation and visibility to enable you to start acting as the lead Expert on your own appointments and build your reputation as a premium testifying Expert
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable candidates will have previous experience working on disputes handling quantum matters. In addition, it is preferred that candidates will have:
- Experience in writing or contributing to Quantum Expert reports
- Broad experience gained across a range of construction/engineering projects
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor is desirable
- 10 – 15 years experience within the construction industry working on major or complex projects in a QS, contract administration or engineering role prior to specialising in Quantum related matters
- 3+ years experience in performing detailed Quantum Forensic Analysis is expected
- Able to demonstrate very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and strong working relationships with clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team focus and a desire to develop staff
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- Ability to win own expert appointments
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- ·MRICS/FRICS qualified
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent construction or engineering degree
- MSc in Construction Law or LLM qualification achieved or working towards
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employing company is considered one of the leading Construction Expert Witness consultancies in the international construction and disputes markets.
They provide advice as premium quantum and delay expert consultants on landmark projects internationally as well as domestically in the UK and offer employees the chance to work on some of the most high-profile and complex disputes worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package in line with market rates; with lucrative bonuses and promotions should you perform well.