Director, Quantum Expert Services
A Director is required to join the Quantum team of a fantastic Construction Expert Witness consultancy in their London office. The successful candidate will be acting as the lead assistant to the primary Quantum Experts.
As a construction Quantum Director / Associate Director You will work on complex construction disputes relating to a variety of major projects around the world. This senior level quantum Director role will be based from the Central London office with option to work from home a few days a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role as Director / Associate Director Quantum Disputes will include:
- Acting as the “number 2”/lead assistant to the testifying quantum expert
- High level expert report writing and management of this process
- Reviewing documents and projects based on the broad range of industries i.e., infrastructure, oil & gas and residential
- Provision of specialist expert advice through presentations, proposals, and reports
- Assist in the management of the workload of the wider quantum disputes project team
- Lead in managing the development and training of team members
- Leading client meetings and organising client-related events
- Expert testimony if you show the desire, ability, and qualifications to do so
- Working closely with the existing leadership team in a collaborative way to drive the business forward
- To develop your reputation and visibility to start to act as the lead Expert on your own appointments and build your reputation as a premium testifying Expert
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience is required of providing “expert” consultancy on major disputes in quantum matters
- Experience writing or contributing to Quantum Expert reports to a high standard
- Broad experience gained across a range of construction/engineering projects
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor is desirable
- Able to demonstrate very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and strong working relationships with clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team focus and a desire to develop staff
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- MRICS/FRICS qualified
- BSc or equivalent in construction related topic
- PG/MSc in Construction Law related topic is desired
- 10 – 15 years’ experience within the construction industry
- 3+ years’ experience of performing detailed Quantum Forensic Analysis
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is considered one of the leading Construction Expert Witness consultancies in the international construction and disputes markets.
They provide advice as premium quantum and delay expert consultants on landmark projects internationally as well as domestically and offer employees the chance to work on some of the most high-profile and complex disputes worldwide.