EHS ManagerRef MAX8398 Job Posted 23/03/2018 Region Singapore Location Singapore Salary Neg Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
An excellent opportunity for a HSE Manager to join a leading design & engineering consultancy based in Singapore working on high profile high tech projects.
Large scale high tech projects
Responsibilities and Duties
• Serves as project EHS Manager in mega / big size projects;
• Acts as an advisor on EHS issues to Project Team and all site personnel;
• Ensures that the Company’s EHS core values are aligned and adhered to at all times;
• Ensures compliance to Company’s EHS policy, procedures and all applicable legislative requirements;
• Plans and implements project EHS management system and programmes to continually improve EHS performance;
• Manages and monitors EHS performance and programmes and conducts analysis on performances and trends;
• Collates analysis results, makes recommendations and generates reports for management;
• Conducts training needs analysis and delivers project EHS training;
• Manages safety assessment and Permit to Work system as per requirements from Workplace Safety and Health (Construction) Regulations 2007;
• Identifies EHS risks, reviews and advise in the risk-impact assessments and manages compliance to risk-impact management;
• Investigates all incidents, advice corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence, and assists in reports preparation;
• Reports and liaises with management, relevant authorities on incident occurrences;
• Manages project EHS Team;
• Acts as the Secretary of the EHS committee;
• Assists EHS Manager in managing EHS team;
• Provides guidance to project EHS Coordinators and Officers;
• Assists in maintaining, reviewing and improving Company EHS Management System.
• Acts as Secretary to EHS Team inspections and meetings;
• Assists in managing and conducting Company and project internal EHS audits;
• Assists in derivation of Company EHS initiatives and EHS culture building programs;
• Assists in preparation of EHS newsletters and circulation materials.
Internal & External Stakeholders
• EHS Team Members
• Operations and Project Managers
• Construction and Site Managers
• Lead and Systems Engineers
• Ministry of Manpower
• National Agency Environment
• Client Project Directors/ Managers
• Client EHS Directors/ Managers/ Engineers
Desired Skills and Experience
• Leads workplace safety and health officer role in a large engineering or construction management fast track projects;
• Prior experience in managing large sub-contractors’ EHS personnel;
• Well versed in managing matured EHS management system, project EHS plan and ConSASS audits.
• Highly proficient in communication
• Cross culturally aware and adaptable
• Assertive and confident
• Able to impact and influence
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to motivate, coach and develop people
• Good analytical skills
• Good Knowledge of EHS legal requirements and best practices
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint applications
• Creativity in developing EHS solutions
• Diploma in Engineering discipline
• Registered Workplace Safety and Health Officer (MOM)
• Registered Environmental Control Officer
• OHSAS 18001/ ISO 14001 Lead/ Internal Auditor or Workplace Safety and Health Auditor trained preferred
• Possession of other professional EHS training certificate is an added advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a leading global high tech design and engineering consultancy providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the tech industry in Singapore and throughout Asia.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide consulting & planning, design & engineering, pre construction & project management and service, maintenance & installation.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The company is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim is providing recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Attractive salary available for the right individual
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend