Electrical Cost Consultant
An Electrical Cost Consultant is required to assist with electrical services with a reputable consultancy firm in Toronto, Ontario. Applications are welcome from high calibre, experienced cost consultant candidates with electrical experience currently in Canada or who have the right to work in Canada.
An Electrical Cost Consultant job to provide a range of cost consulting services to new and existing clients, under the direction of senior staff in the electrical cost management department. The role will require the candidate to provide a range of technical electrical expertise to ensure a variety of estimating and cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Electrical Cost Consultant role will focus on the calculation and measurements of specific building elements based upon contract documentation for detailed and conceptual estimates. It will also require an ability to work with other electrical cost and estimating staff working on the core service deliverables of:
- Undertaking site visits to process contractor monthly progress drawdown claims.
- Monitoring progress and potential issues relating to electrical cost matters.
- Enacting technical spot checks and quality reviews of electrical cost work, to ensure the quality of work.
- Measuring change orders documentation to allow for accurate development of change order estimates.
- Assist with the development, compilation, and finalization of cost estimates within designated timeframes.
- Perform main project administration including filing and archiving to ensure up to date documentation is readily available.
- Conduct research and cost checking of items in the market, either by telephone calls or internet research, to provide and collate project and cost data cost information.
- Interacting with clients in a professional manner.
The Senior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor Cost Consultant will also take full responsibility for:
- Help to manage the delivery and updated agreed cost plans.
- Helping to check cash flow projections.
- Assist with checking the project budget and time schedules.
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable cost consulting candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying or Estimating background and will have Electrical Engineering Cost Management or Estimating experience. They will be able to demonstrate 3-5 years of experience of working within electrical cost consulting. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is essential whilst an understanding of the construction industry including development, contracting, and consulting is desirable.
Knowledge of CostX and/or similar cost estimating software is desired.
Applicants that have a relevant construction degree such as quantity surveying or mechanical engineering will be of the greatest interest.
Professional membership of, or working towards, the RICS, CIQS, PQS.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This premium consultancy provides cost consultancy, estimating, engineering, and project management services to the global construction industry. They are based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Full details of this exceptional employer and the fantastic long term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.