Summary of Electrical Engineer Job Vacancy - Birmingham
An Electrical Engineer is required to join a national consultancy in their busy Birmingham office. You will take responsibility on projects in the sector in a team of enthusiastic and professional individuals, and be able to assist in delivering projects on time and to budget. Projects will be in the education, health, residential, and commercial sectors, ranging from a few thousand pounds up to £250m.
Projects will be in the building sector and involve a variety of education, health, residential and commercial projects. Values will range from a few thousand pounds up towards £250m, on which you will be working on as an Electrical Engineer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the control of all production aspects of the projects in the office as Electrical Engineer.
- Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed
- Ensure compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory obligations, make submissions to the Statutory Authorities and obtain approvals as necessary.
- Ensuring the Design Team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project as the Electrical Engineer
- Be implemental in the production of all design information, and ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance with the requirements of the IMS, relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Be proactive in the work place
- Be an effective communicator and team worker.
- Be proactive about self-development, with the ambition to become chartered if you’re not already
- Shown experience in the Electrical Engineering sector is essential
- Degree educated in mechanical engineering, building services, or similar / related discipline is desired
- Full membership (or on route to) of a relevant professional body is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a market leading, multi-disciplinary national consultancy that works on some of the most exciting building projects in the UK, with project values up to £250m currently. They are expanding in their London and Birmingham offices and have been in operation for almost 4 decades.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- The company offer a competitive salary and package.