Energy and Environmental Services DirectorRef MAX8322 Job Posted 18/05/2018 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong, Kowloon Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A global project management and project services consultancy is seeking a Director to join their Hong Kong leadership team and take responsibility for developing and growing a new division in energy and environmental services.
You will based in head office in Kowloon, Hong Kong
Responsibilities and Duties
• To set up and organically grow a division (Energy and Environmental Services) of the group.
• Technical review or new and existing planned projects providing Energy, Sustainability, Hands On Commissioning, Commissioning Management, Strategic Energy conservation advice.
• To provide outstanding professional services to Clients by utilizing the capability of the China business, the regional and global group businesses;
• To produce and implement an annual business plan and strategy for the department and manage revenues/expenses to ensure that business targets are met;
• To drive the growth and oversee operational performance of the Hong Kong and Macau business;
• To lead, galvanize, motivate and assist staff members to meet assignment deadlines with high-quality output;
• To support the growth and development of staff within the business;
• To operate with the highest standards of business ethics in accordance with the global group policies.
• To manage profit, loss and revenue of the business entity to which you are employed.
• Assist in setting and monitoring against business targets
• Manage key performance indicators for the Hong Kong and Macau business.
• To manage and mentor staff.
• Chair and manage respective meetings.
• Execution of Project Controls, Programme and Risk Management Process for Hong Kong and Macau Projects.
• Ensures that the Project Controls Process is carried out in accordance with the Client Procedures [Project Controls] and the Project related Project Management Plan.
• Co-ordinate, leads/supervises and monitors the Project Controls activities of varying projects and other involved parties.
• Manage the interface for Project Controls activities to all required Departments involved in the project or business (e.g. Engineering, Finance, Procurement etc.
• Manage planning of staff that may report to you
• Responsible for performance of “what-if”-analysis and preparation of corrective action regarding the scheduled program when required.
•Develops implement and execute Change Management.
•Incorporates the changes to the scope and schedule and to the reporting.
•Provides input to reports including Monthly Reports, Quarterly Report and the respective Completion Report.
• To support in the preparation of Company fee proposals.
• To carry out business development activities and support the Company in identification of potential leads and Clients.
• To monitor time allocations / utilisations against fee proposals and provide reports to management weekly or monthly, as directed.
•Continuously monitor the practicability and the benefit of the company controls process and tools and suggest improvements.
• Implements project controls procedures and systems, project controls training and (kick-off) workshops for project management team
• Reviews technical bids as member of the bid review team
Desired Skills and Experience
Professional; behaviour associated with thinking, learning, understanding and planning
• Positive; behaviour associated with drive, motivation, commitment standards and attitudes
• Collaborative; behaviour associated with interaction, interpersonal skills, relationships, change and dealing with others inside and outside of the group.
• Good understanding of Energy, Sustainability, Hands On Commissioning, Commissioning Management, Strategic Energy conservation.
• Must be business orientated
• Must be client facing
• Consultant experience preferred.
• Head Office based.
• Good command of written and oral English essential.
• Cantonese speaker preferred but not essential.
• Degree in Engineering, construction management or relevant discipline
• Chartered professional is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a global project and programme management and project services consultant with aggressive growth plans for its Hong Kong & Macau business and invites suitably qualified and experienced engineers with business acumen to join and be pivotal in their ongoing success.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary package is on offer for the right candidates.
- Senior Manager, Contracts and Cost Control Hong Kong, Lantau Island - Negotiable
- Office Sales Administrator Leicester - £22k - £27k + Pension
- Managing Quantity Surveyor Exeter, Devon - £50k-£58k + car
- Snr Quantity Surveyor Exeter - £42k-£50k + car
- Managing Quantity Surveyor Oxford, Oxfordshire - £50k-£58k + car
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend