Environmental Project Manager
Exciting Environmental Project Manager job to work on live multi-year infrastructure projects in the Vancouver region.
Environmental Project Manager job to work on a range of projects including live multi-year infrastructure projects in the Vancouver region.
Responsibilities and Duties
Based in British Columbia, as Environmental Project Manager, you will manage a team to implement the environmental regulatory requirements of major infrastructure projects.
Your team will consist of qualified professionals on a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder Project, where the delivery responsibilities include:
- developing various environmental management plans,
- review of design information and other documents provided by other SMEs,
- verifying environmental compliance with environmental plans and permit conditions
- working collaboratively with clients, multi-disciplinary design teams, their stakeholders, and construction contractors.
As Environmental Project Manager, you will be responsible for meeting client objectives and project-specific schedules and financial goals.
You will be challenged to build efficient delivery teams that produce high quality work and to develop client relationships that facilitate expanding the depth and breadth of your employer's services.
All of this will be accomplished in a supportive team setting, with help and guidance from fellow PMs, operations leader mentors and training opportunities. Your success will be rewarded with progressively more responsibility and commensurate financial recognition and career advancement.
The position may require frequent presence at a project office in the Vancouver area, for a multi-year project.
This employer is pleased to support flexible work arrangements, including work from home.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience in the environmental sector, including multiple years managing complex projects with multi-disciplinary teams and multi-stakeholder engagement in BC
- Experience in working with environmental regulating authorities in BC and applicable Federal regulators
- Extensive knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations for Environmental permitting in BC
- Demonstrable construction-based management experience
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior work in the transportation sector
- Experience developing and overseeing the implementation of environmental management plans
- Experience working with construction contractors
- Experience working with Indigenous Groups in BC
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an environmental science or engineering-related field
- Qualified professional status in a related area
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This civil engineering employer is a highly regarded project delivery, engineering, risk management and project management consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
With a focus on civil engineering infrastructure projects, they have built an excellent reputation in Vancouver and British Columbia and have a forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, and rail projects in the Vancouver and British Columbia region.
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary based on candidate experience
- Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks vacation in addition to statutory holidays
- Full healthcare package