An Estimator is required to work on high profile rail projects for a Global Consultancy in Central London. You should have strong estimating experience on rail projects, with either tunnelling or signalling experience.
You will be an Estimator working on high profile rail projects, on tunnelling and signalling packages.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review clients project proposals and documents and identify the key items for pricing
- Determine the clients price submission requirements and create the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements.
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams.
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparation of cost plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Tunnelling or signalling experience as an Estimator
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to estimating
- Experience of working competently & consistently in an Estimating role is essential
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Degree in construction related discipline is strongly desired
- Membership of a professional body such as MACostE is beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an international construction consultancy that operates on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and overseas. They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offer fantastic progression opportunities and are expanding in the UK and overseas construction markets.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package along with a car / travel allowance and other benefits.