EstimatorRef MAX8510 Job Posted 07/06/2018 Region Canada Location Toronto, Ontario Salary $75k - $100k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
An opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to work in Toronto on major build and infrastructure projects. You will be joining a world class construction consultancy and join a strong established team, reporting into the Lead Estimator.
You will work on a large variety of projects including building, civils and infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking a supporting role in estimating interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Support the development of cost estimates for various scopes associated with civil and rail projects
- Support the technical input to challenge/test designs, methodologies proposed for projects
- Provide support to the post contract change management assessment process
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve estimating procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
- Assisting in research related to construction market conditions throughout Canada, including analysis of official published data as it pertains to commission requirements
- Attendance at Client and Business Development Events
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience at delivering estimating functions within large infrastructure projects
- An appreciation of civil and rail infrastructure projects
- Experience of working within the consultancy sector
- Solid experience working as an estimator
- A recognized relevant university degree
- Membership in relevant professional organization is preferred
- IT literate in Excel, Word, and Power Point
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in the construction and infrastructure sector.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend