A fantastic opportunity for an Estimator to join a multidisciplinary construction cost consultancy in Toronto.
Only candidates with Canadian PR, Citizenship or other work permit in Canada will be considered.
The Estimator’s role will be to prepare pre-contract estimates and cost estimates relating to a variety of construction projects including schools, offices, industrial and residential projects. This Estimator job is an office-based role In Toronto.
Great career progression and training opportunities for the successful Estimator candidate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing Construction Cost Estimate reports at all stages of design.
- Review technical and commercial tender documents
- Review construction drawings
- Perform quantity takeoff calculations
- Aid in preparation of tender and RFP proposals
- Prepare procurement packages and solicit pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers
- Attend department meetings and estimate reviews
- Become familiar with estimating software and methods
- Commercial management duties
- Support within various departments
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Estimator Candidate will have:
- Understanding of preparing estimates and budgets.
- Around 2 or more years of previous Cost estimating experience within the construction industry
- Previous experience working for a cost consultancy firm would be ideal
- Adequate knowledge in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and the ability to prepare professional proposals and presentations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and have a strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Personal initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Diploma in Architectural, Construction or Civil Technology, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Science or in a related field
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) or Member RICS (or be willing to work towards)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a construction multidisciplinary cost consultancy with an office located in Toronto, Ontario.
They have a sociable office and a small team who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment. Their employees are supported with with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Full company profile details will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable Salary dependant based on experience.
- Benefits package disclosed to shortlisted applicants