Executive Construction Manager
If you have client side project management experience, this is an amazing opportunity to join a blue chip Hong Kong based organisation, one of the oldest institutions in Hong Kong.
Our client is seeking to appoint a strategic thinking Executive Construction Manager to lead the construction a prestigious property development in Mainland China.
You will be based in Guanzhou, PRC and manage circa RMB 3 billion of the organisation’s capital expenditure over the next 5 years.
This position manages a team of in-house project and construction management professionals and external consultants; manage and drive the performance of contractors and suppliers; liaise with local government departments on behalf of the client, to ensure successful completion of the new facilities.These initiatives include high grade buildings and finishes and associated infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Project Director, this position is responsible for managing the procurement, construction, handover and successful completion of the next phase of facilities development of the facility according to agreed scope, schedule, cost, quality, safety and compliance requirements.
- Manage & Control project scope, schedule and cost;
- Formulate appropriate procurement and contract strategies for the sourcing, selection and appointment of consultants, contractors and suppliers for the development initiatives in CRC and GBA (supported by Strategic Procurement and Commercial & Contract Management departments;Apply insights about design and construction practices in Mainland China to protect the Club’s interest, while ensuring successful project completion and outcome.
- Manage the construction of the new facilities to ensure delivery and completion in accordance with agreed scope, schedule, cost, quality and sustainability requirements, as well as all necessary safety, environmental, health, statutory and licensing requirements; Ensure contractor performance, productivity, safe practices and quality throughout the projects; Assess viability of construction methods, sequences, schedules and contractor resources; developing better alternatives where possible.
- Liaise with all relevant government departments to ensure timely securing of necessary statutory approvals throughout the course of the project; Liaise with all relevant internal stakeholders to ensure clear and timely communication of project progress, impacts on existing operations etc. to ensure no adverse impact to existing facility operations.
- Identify, Manage Report & Mitigate project-related risks from construction to handover supported by Risk Management department; Trouble-shoot at all project stages to ensure projects can proceed and complete according to agreed scope, schedule, cost, quality and sustainability requirements, as well as all necessary safety, environmental, health, statutory and licensing requirements; Manage, Control & Report project progress at various levels of the Club management; Ensure compliance with internal governance and processes.
- Ensure provision of the necessary skills and resources to enable the achievement of objectives at all levels (through in-house staff and out-sourced service providers), Ensure the systematic building of in-house capabilities across all staff levels to align with departmental and project needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 25+ years’ experience in construction industry in Hong Kong and Mainland China, comprising construction and project management
- Excellent leadership capabilities, with demonstrated experience in large-scale, multi-disciplinary construction projects involving quality buildings and civil works
- Excellent on-site management experience at a senior level
- Excellent project management skills and well-versed in latest construction practices
- Ability to work independently, with excellent communication, influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management capabilities
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Civil Engineering discipline
- Professionally chartered in a property-related discipline, for example ICE, HKIE, RIBA, HKIA, RICS, PMP
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A blue chip Hong Kong based employer with a signficant property portfolio and plans to expand its facilities in mainland China
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary and comprehensive suite of allowances are available for the successful candidate