Executive Technical Design ManagerRef MAX9086 Consultant Richard Poulter Region China Location Guangzhou, China Salary HK$150K + Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 30/01/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
If you have client side design management experience, this is an amazing opportunity to join a blue chip Hong Kong based organisation, one of the oldest institutions in Hong Kong.
Our client is seeking to appoint a strategic thinking Executive Technical Design Manager to lead the design and procurement of a prestigious property development in Mainland China.
Reporting to the Project Director, this position is responsible for leading the planning, design and technical requirements during construction of the next phase of facilities development according to agreed scope, schedule, cost, quality, safety and compliance requirements. These initiatives include high grade buildings and finishes and associated infrastructure.
Based in Conghua, this position leads a team of in-house project and construction management professionals and external consultants; liaise with local government departments on behalf of the client to ensure successful completion of the new facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish, Manage & Control project scope, schedule and cost; Lead and Manage the design process from inception to procurement stage to ensure design quality, accuracy and effectiveness; Identify opportunities to value-engineer and enhance value during the design process; Ensure the new facilities are designed to continuously operate reliably and efficiently and that their asset health and performance can be managed efficiently and cost-effectively, whilst also meeting user requirements.
- Formulate appropriate procurement and contract strategies for the sourcing, selection and appointment of consultants for the development initiatives; Apply insights about design and construction practices in Mainland China to protect the client's interest, while ensuring successful project completion and outcome.
- Liaise with all relevant government departments to ensure timely securing of necessary statutory approvals throughout the course of the project; Liaise with all relevant internal stakeholders to ensure clear and timely communication of project progress, impacts on existing operations etc. to ensure no adverse impact to existing operations.
- Identify, Manage Report & Mitigate project-related risks from project inception to handover supported by Risk Management department; Trouble-shoot at all project stages to ensure projects can proceed and complete according to agreed scope, schedule, cost, quality and sustainability requirements, as well as all necessary safety, environmental, health, statutory and licensing requirements; Manage, Control & Report project progress at various levels of the client's management; Ensure compliance with internal governance and processes
- Ensure provision of the necessary skills and resources to enable the achievement of objectives at all levels through in-house staff and out-sourced service providers, Ensure the systematic building of in-house capabilities across all staff levels to align with departmental and project needs
- Identify the needs and areas for improvement and change; Introduce best practices in design, project, procurement and construction management; Improve processes and systems across the department for greater efficiency and effectiveness
Desired Skills and Experience
- 25+ years’ experience in property-related development and construction industry in Hong Kong and Mainland China, comprising property planning and design, construction management, project management
- Excellent leadership capabilities, with demonstrated experience in large-scale, multi-disciplinary development and construction projects involving quality buildings and civil works
- Excellent project and program management skills, strong financial management skills and wellversed in latest real estate development, construction and property management trends and practices
- Ability to work independently, with excellent communication, influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management capabilities
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural discipline
- Professionally chartered in a property-related discipline, for example ICE, HKIE, RIBA, HKIA, RICS, PMP
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A blue chip Hong Kong based employer with a signficant property portfolio and plans to expand its facilities in mainland China.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary and comprehensive suite of allowances are available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend