Facilities Director - Business Process Management
Client side project management jobs don't come any better than this! Our client, a major integrated resort developer and operator in Singapore is looking to appoint at the earliest a Director of Operational Support within the Facilities Department.
The Director Operational Support will drive organizational transformation and continuous improvement across functional support areas and champion positive organizational change in areas of continuous improvement, quality assurance, technological utilization, asset management and departmental finance.
- You are a highly disciplined, proactive, and innovative person
- You are driven by achieving measurable, impactful results
- You are an influencer, capable of articulating the business value of complex projects and getting support and buy-in from stakeholders
- You have experience as a leader, you can motivate, mentor and coach your team to optimum performance
- You have experience in Business Process Management Systems, Lean, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen event leadership, 5S – leading change program, RPA
- You are comfortable operating at senior-level, discussing, challenging, and adapting to the current strategic focus
- Highly self-driven and passionate individuals, with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Be a role model and manage the Facilities team to support the client's business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with C-suite level executives and other senior internal stakeholders
- Natural team player – ability to coordinate and liaise with stakeholders across multiple business areas and regions
- Excellent project management skills
- You have experience in Hospitality, IT, Facility Management, Health Care, and other Service centered organisations preferred.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to visualize, articulate and solve complex problems based on available information
- Good quantitative skills – ability to reason with numbers
- Excellent financial acumen to understand the drivers of business growth and profitability
- Excellent ability to use variety of methods to find solutions to problems
- Sense of ownership and pride in own performance and its impact on company’s success
- Ability to build relationships through the art of collaboration
- Ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with the leadership team and key process owners, lead and implement strategic business improvement processes, policies and procedures.
- Plan, manage, and control the activities of a team that provides operational support for the greater Facilities Department.
- Oversee the development of technical training in relation to new and existing operational requirements.
- Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritisation, integration, and resource application.
- Bring expertise or identify subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, and compliance with procedures, etc.
- Ensure that policies and procedures align with corporate vision.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
- Act as advisor on best practices by performing research and planning related to future initiatives.
Process Improvement / Quality
- Leads process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis and discussion of process alternatives in order to arrive at best practices.
- Rigorously evaluate department wide processes and recommend initiatives to the leadership team that will yield greater productivity and efficiency.
- Be the consultant and facilitator to solve complex problem situations or conduct process study to identify bottle necks, inefficiencies and propose areas for improvement e.g., using Lean Walkthrough technique.
- Executes analytical approaches and applies proven structured process improvement techniques in support of overall work area or department strategy and value chain.
- Leads efforts for establishing and sustaining improvement processes supporting a value stream manager and their associated value stream.
- Establish quality standards and performance measures aligned with team outcomes.
- Implements shared continuously improving standard practices and processes across areas or business unit.
- Mentors and coach’s frontline leaders and personnel at the location to promote and foster a thriving Continuous Improvement (Lean) culture, develop Continuous Improvement (Lean) competencies, and empower individuals throughout the organization to relentlessly pursue waste
- Promotes and supports all portions of their value stream for Continuous Improvement (Lean) Maturity.
- Leverage new technologies to deliver professional Facilities Management.
- Drive new Technologies initiatives.
- Perform role of Project Manager to plan, lead and manage implementation of a specialized projects initiated from with Facilities organization.
- Engage and manage stakeholders from different units and mobilize resources across the organization to deliver the program objectives.
- Plan program including objective, scope, resource, approach, schedule, communication.
- Drive, monitor and control program execution, and report status to management.
- Lead and guide junior staff and department champions in the execution of the program.
- Evaluates the leadership standard work of the local frontline leaders in support of an effective management system, infrastructure, and management process.
- Establish and implement Development and Training needs for Facilities’ Team Members – oversee the curation of content and manage the successful role out of the program.
- Manage performance of customer driven quality program.
- Drive efficient utilization of Financial Resources.
- Utilize modern data management and analytical tool.
- Establish appropriate management reports and statistics.
- Support Sustainability and CSR efforts.
- Any other initiatives as directed by the VP Facilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 10-15 years of relevant experience with the last 8-10 years in a senior management position.
- Experience in Facilities or Engineering Management in the large-scale properties such as Integrated Resort, Hospitality, Mixed Development, MICE is ideal.
- Experience in delivery of change programs incorporating process improvement, process re-engineering and operational optimisation using industry standard tools is essential.
- Experience in managing a large and multi-cultural work team is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in developing a sustainable Training and Development programs.
- Experience in application and utilizing of technologies to drive process and efficiency improvement is a requisite.
- Experience in formulating and implementing Compliance and Internal Audits program is a requisite.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite applications is a pre-requisite.
- Computer literacy in CMMS, Numerical and Analytical application tools is ideal.
- Demonstration of personal commitment and curiosity to be involved in continuously upgrading one-self through various learning channels will be an advantage.
- Possess technical awareness in the trades of Building Services, particularly in a large-scale properties.
- Strategic thinking and ability to establish multi-layered directions and road maps.
- Forward-thinking with constant outlook for continuous improvement to avoid status quo.
- Forward-thinking with the capability to harness new technology to drive innovations.
- Leadership and Coaching Skills to:
- Inspire reporting managers to be effective leaders
- Develop a committed and passionate Facilities team
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal relation skills.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- Ability to exercise Decision Making and provide clear directions to Team Members when faced with various levels of information and in challenging situations.
- Competency in developing a sustainable Training and Development program.
- Functional, Resources and Financial Management capabilities.
- Competency in Asset and Maintenance Management of systems and equipment.
- Competency in formulating Compliance and Internal Audit program to meet Operational standards.
- Pre-Opening capabilities of similarly sized properties.
- Tertiary qualification in the fields of Business, Engineering, Building Services, Facilities Management field is a must!
- Post Graduate qualification in the abovementioned fields will be an advantage.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a major integrated resort developer and owner / operator, boasting one of the largest and most valuable resort and casino property portfolios in the world.
Please apply via the Maxim website only, with a CV of 2-5 pages in length saved in Word format and see if you can be successful in securing a construction job interview with the client.