General Manager - Leadership Development ProgrammeRef MAX8846 Job Posted 10/01/2020 Region China Location Guangdong, China Salary 1.3M HK$/year/Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Our client is looking for the right candidate for a potential GM position as part of their succession plan for the GM positions for their Mainland businesses. Our client will set up a General Manager Development Program for their China business, of which they have over 260 businesses in China with the majority of them in gas business, similar to our operations in Hong Kong. This Program aims to develop candidates with work experience in China who have potentials to be promoted to General Manager position for their China business.
The position will be based in China and will report to a Senior Vice President of the Mainland Utilities business. Promotion to the General Manager’s position is subject to the performance of the incumbent and its availability after the completion of the programme.
The locations of our business units in Mainland cover areas from South to North (Nanhan to Heilungxiang). Provinces include Beijing, Zhongqiang, Guangxi, Inner Mongolia, AnHui, Guangdong, HuNan, HeBei, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
Mainland Utilities Development Programme for General Managers
This programme aims to develop incumbents with work experience who have potential to be promoted to General Managers and succeed our leadership pipeline in China.
There are over 260 businesses in China with the majority of them in gas business, similar to our operations in Hong Kong.
The successful candidates will be placed on a 24-month accelerated leadership development programme through working in the Head Office/Regional Office and JVs in the Mainland Utilities business.
Incumbents will learn the culture and management philosophies of the the Mainland Utility business, as well as place in positions assisting the SVPs/big JV GMs.
He or she will handle functions including: sales & marketing, business operation, customer services, engineering, business planning, special projects, etc. The objective of the programme is to develop the individuals with the ability to manage a joint venture with political and business acumen.
Desired Skills and Experience
- This Program aims to develop candidates with work experience in China who have potential to be promoted to General Manager position for our China business.
- Minimum 10 years management experiences in leading teams and overseeing core function or multiple functions in China
- Passionate in building own career in energy-related businesses in China
- Experience working with government officials, joint venture business partners in China is preferred
- With sound business and commercial acumen, as well as the ambition, to develop into a senior leader
- Ready for moving on job rotations in China
- Strong learning agility, leadership potential and interpersonal skills
- Culturally sensitive, quick and adaptable to new roles and situations in business operations in China
- High language proficiency in both spoken and written Chinese and English, fluency in Putonghua
- Degree holder in Engineering, Business Management or related disciplines
- Possess professional membership of Electronic/Mechanical/Gas discipline or equivalent from Engineering professional bodies preferable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
One of the largest energy suppliers in Hong Kong, operating with world-class corporate management and leading-edge business practices. For the past years, our client has been growing with Hong Kong, evolving from the simple gas company supplying fuel for street lamps to our current leading position in the energy industry in mainland China.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary
- Secondment allowance (10 – 15% depending on the locations)
- Tax equalization
- Home Passage
- Group Life insurance/Medical insurance
- children education
- Relocation arrangement, etc.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend