Summary of Geotechnical Manager Job Vacancy - Diamond Hill (Hong Kong)
It's time for a change!
A large International main contractor is seeking a Geotechnical Manager to join their team in Hong Kong working on a large MTR project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage a team of geotechnical engineers to perform preliminary geological reconnaissance, geotechnical and geological studies, review testing results, and
develop design recommendations.
- Function as the liaison with project managers across drilling, special inspections, geotechnical and construction materials testing departments
- Coordinate drilling projects and work closely with drilling department managers
- Interface with different parties including clients, design teams, and government authorities.
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures and function as technical specialist or project manager
- Prepare documents detailing analysis and recommendations.
- Critically review testing results, design recommendations, and documents detailing the studies/projects conducted.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 15 years of experience in the geotechnical discipline
- Track record of working with main contracting organisations in Hong Kong
- Experience working on MTR or Tunnelling projects is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Positive proactive attitude with the ability to manage your own work load
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Chartership with HKIE, ICE or equivalent will be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining one of the world's largest contracting construction organisations. This company has offices worldwide and is renowned for delivering some of the largest and most technically complex civil engineering projects. This is a long term employment opportunity in Hong Kong with the opportunity for overseas work in the future if desired. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.