Head of Construction Claims and Disputes
An established Hong Kong construction consultancy has a job vacancy for a Head of claims, disputes and procurement to head up, lead and grow their construction services claims, dispute and procurement departments in Hong Kong and Asia. You will directly report to the worldwide head of claims and disputes.
It’s a challenging role that would suit someone with either a consultancy claims or dispute background, or a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Commercial Director with a background in building or civil engineering contracting to include contracts, claims and procurement matters.
The Head of Construction Claims, Disputes & Procurement job role will be to lead and manage the growth of the service lines of construction claims, construction disputes (including both quantum and delay expert witness work) and develop further the specialist area of strategic construction procurement advice.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and retain the team of c15 staff already in the Asia business
- Grow the team to c50 staff within a short period of time
- Manage existing blue chip Hong Kong and Asia based blue chip government clients
- Manage client needs relating to procurement, claims and dispute services on early stage projects, live construction projects and handle arbitration, litigation and expert witness related client needs on both distressed projects and projects that have finished on site but have not gone to plan in terms of time, cost or quality.
- To grow the client base and departmental revenue stream for claims, dispute and procurement services further by using existing connections, contacts and relationships to open doors to develop new high value premium blue chip client accounts
- To be able to contribute to departmental billings by offering clients your own specialist service line within expert witness work, high level claims or strategic construction procurement
- Ideally the Head of Construction Claims, Disputes & Procurement will be able to fluently speak and write both English and Cantonese or English and another Asian language
Desired Skills and Experience
- Management experience relevant to a Head of Construction Claims, Disputes & Procurement role
- Able to evidence experience of growing a specialist team
- Able to show client key account management experience within a specialist area of Construction Claims, Disputes or Procurement
- Able to demonstrate business development and work winning experience success within the specialist area of construction Claims, Disputes & Procurement
- To be able to demonstrate a track record of contributing to departmental billings by offering clients your own specialist service line within expert witness work, high level claims or strategic construction procurement or in a contracting capacity, experience of preparing or rebutting claims and to have a high level involvement in procurement matters
- It is preferred that applicants will have an existing network of clients and connections within Hong Kong and ideally in multiple locations across SE Asia
- This Head of Construction Claims, Disputes & Procurement job role will probably suit an individual who has reached a glass ceiling in a larger specialist claims and dispute consultancy in Hong Kong or Asia
- Client facing, proactive and confident are all essential traits
- High levels of integrity coupled with commercial acumen
- MRICS or equivalent is expected.
- A construction law or procurement accreditation is expected
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading international construction and property consultancy with a very strong international presence and standing within the construction contracts, claims and disputes market.
A full profile and introduction will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous salary and bonus package can be agreed for the right candidate