Head of ContractsRef MAX6650 Job Posted 28/04/2015 Region Qatar Location Doha Salary 65k – 75k QAR pm Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Summary of Head of Contracts
This is a Head Office based role for a leading civil engineering main contractor based in Qatar. The successful candidate will advise on all of the hiring company's contractual issues, including pre and post contract work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To lead the development, implementation, maintenance, audit & improvement of the company's Contract Management system in Qatar. Ensure the system is practical, sound and effective.
- To provide on-site advice to the company's various business units and project teams on Contracts Management and policy compliance matters.
- To manage all forms of contract; Government, International, commercial contracts, joint venture and sub-contracts in accordance with company policies & procedures, applicable laws and client requirements.
- To provide expert knowledge and guidance on all contractual matters throughout the construction life cycle from pre-qualification, through tendering, execution and through to post contract stage.
- To provide expert knowledge and guidance on setting up and administering main contracts with Clients; contracts with Joint Venture partners / consortium contracts and sub-contracts
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development
Desired Skills and Experience
- Substantial experience of working for a Tier 1 main contractor(s) on civil engineering projects is essential
- Previous Middle Experience is essential
- Previous experience of working on mega projects in excess of USD 500m is desired
- Candidates with a stable career history are preferred.
- Ability to work in a demanding multicultural team environment is essential
- Excellent planning and organising skills are essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills required
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is essential
- A post graduate qualification in Claims related subject such as Construction Law & Arbitration or Law is desired, but may not be essential.
- Membership to a recognised professional body such as the RICS is desired. Candidates with evidence that they are working towards this will also be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a reputable International Main Contractor with one of the largest project portfolios of major civil engineering projects in Qatar at present. The candidate will join a successful main contractor with prestigious projects specifically relating to rail and highways.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 65k - 75k QAR pm all in salary
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend