Head of Waste To Energy
Our client, a thriving investment bank, is seeking a Head of Waste To Energy. The role will lead the overall development, delivery and asset management teams within our partner (renewable energy & environmental services company) on several waste to energy deals that they have in their pipeline.
This candidate will undertake work on the following scope to provide leadership, oversight and delivery of outcomes:
Responsibilities and Duties
• Act as the key Client representative in its waste to energy business dealings with ultimate responsibility for the performance of the business line.
• Manage the waste to energy management team, ensuring sufficient and suitable resources to meet all requirements to successfully deliver the business objectives.
• Oversee the project management of waste to energy projects in Korea including project development, establishing construction and operations arrangements and sales and acquisition of project companies.
• Development of project plans including resourcing and budgets
• Proactively manage the development process including identifying key risks to project delivery and managing budget and funding to minimise potential losses due to delays or failure to secure projects.
• Review and negotiate project agreements (EPC, O&M, DBO and others as relevant).
• Develop and secure relevant PPA and REC agreements with Korea Power Exchange.
• Develop and secure relevant agreements for waste supply (food waste, SRF, Bio-SRF and others), steam sales, power sales, disposal of by-products
• Provide regular reporting of deals under development, construction or operations which will cover (among other things) commercial, financial and operational performance.
• Support Client in liaising with counter parties including customers, contractors, operators, Government and community interest groups.
• Oversee due diligence projects or development opportunities including the selection, appointment and management of due diligence advisers as necessary.
• Work with EPC and O&M contractors to ensure their management systems meet Macquarie WHSE and other technical and commercial requirements.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with partners, contractors, utilities, community and other key project stakeholders to enable the business line to successfully operate.
• Work with the Client deal teams to set appropriate performance targets across a range of disciplines including WHSE, quality, community engagement and environmental.
• Ensure WHSE performance is achieved as targeted.
• Ensure the establishment of effective risk management systems and ensuring all risks are identified and appropriately managed.
• Any other tasks that would be required to fulfil the position.
Desired Skills and Experience
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience with an energy asset manager, energy developer,
EPC contractor, utility or related field.
• Proven commercial skills in negotiating infrastructure contracts and involvement in successful negotiations relating to contract variations.
• Experience of working in a construction company in this
regard would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience of setting up and working in an operating business or a special purpose vehicle.
• Experience of working in the waste recycling / waste to energy industry in Korea.
• Working knowledge of the waste recycling / waste to energy development and construction process in Korea.
• Project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
• Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships
• Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
• A team player.
• Fluent English (written and spoken).
• Fluent Korean preferred (written and spoken).
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
• Master’s degree desirable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Highly respected investment bank with an ever-growing portfolio of high profile and high value investment projects in Korea and across the region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and comprehensive benefits available to to the successful candidate.