Healthcare Advisory Consultant
Our client, a highly diversified and well respected mutli-disciplinary consultancy is seeking to appoint a Healthcare Advisory Consultant to join their healthcare advisory team partnering primarily with NHS clients across primary, community, acute and mental health sectors providing healthcare planning ranging from market analysis, activity and capacity modelling to SOAs and design development support. Services offered by the team include: NHS business case development, healthcare planning, estate strategies, space utilisation studies project management, capital project planning and procurement, post project evaluation and operational commissioning plans for new hospitals.
You will be helping healthcare providers plan and deliver world class, future ready healthcare facilities. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in a dynamic, forward thinking company and provide specialist capital project consultancy services and related technical advice to clients on estate strategies and capital projects. The position is based in the south or midlands of England with hybrid-working or office-based options. You will either lead commissions or work as part of a team providing a range of consultancy services to support our clients. You will have the opportunity to develop your career with formal and informal training and support and take on more challenging and independent work as your skills and confidence grow.
The team you will join sits alongside a large number of complementary teams, working on many of the country’s most iconic projects, providing services such as economic advisory; commercial management; project, programme and design management; FM advisory; risk consultancy; building surveying; property surveying; environmental and energy advice; engineering design; digital solutions; transport planning, geographical information systems and development advice. An exciting part of the role is the opportunity to connect these services with our healthcare clients to help make their services and estates future ready.
Responsibilities and Duties
- provide healthcare planning ranging from market analysis, activity and capacity modelling to SOAs and design development support;
- coordinate and write business cases to secure capital funding for investment in new healthcare developments;
- develop estate strategies from PCN through NHS Trust to ICS-wide;
- all underpinned by solid project and programme management skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- knowledge of NHS property and capital project policy, processes, guidance and stakeholders
- an understanding of construction and the property lifecycle
- able to advise clients on best practice approaches in respect of the service being provided
- able to research, analyse data and present findings verbally, in writing or graphically
- comfortable co-facilitating workshops or chairing meetings
- numerate and comfortable with spreadsheets
- able to prepare project plans and programmes
- an understanding of risk and risk management techniques
Consultant: Ideally UK NHS health sector experience or professional services consultancy experience
Senior Consultant: Ideally UK NHS health sector experience working for a professional services consultancy
Additional experience working in a clinical or management role in the NHS is desirable.
Proven ability and track record delivering some or all of the following advisory services:
- Estate strategies
- Business cases
- Feasibility studies
- Post project evaluations
- PPP technical advisor
- Project management
- Programme management
- Healthcare planning
- Space utilisation studies
- Capital project planning and procurement
- FM advisory.
Additional experience and or a willingness to work in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable:
- Central government departments
- Higher education
Work winning requirements for Principal
- Experience in helping to prepare elements of tender submissions and preparing and delivering presentations to win new work
- External networking
- Internal networking
Management skills for Principal
- Experience managing internal and external teams to deliver commissions
- Experience preparing and updating resource plans and financial forecasts for internal business management/reporting purposes
- Degree qualified is essential
- One or more of: PRINCE 2, MSP, APMPQ, Better Business Cases, MSc Planning Buildings for Health, other professional qualifications (desirable)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client provides management and consultancy services to the built and natural environment