Summary of Healthcare Architect Job Vacancy - Bahrain
The Healthcare Architect will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and administering major projects through all phases of healthcare installation. You will be overseeing the master planning, programming and healthcare planning/design on given projects for a main contractor in Bahrain and give direction to assigned staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Direct overall verbal and graphic communication of complex healthcare project concepts to clients, public agencies, and project team members.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff to meet goals and objectives of project.
- Resolve issues related to consultant system design requirements.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to multiple project teams, office support staff, and outside vendors.
- Primary point of contact for client healthcare planning issues.
- Resolve issues, including staffing cuts, review of contractual obligations, and scope of service.
- Communicate changes to project team and client.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s functional and space program requirements, standards and policies; translate planning concepts into comprehensive written and graphic documents.
- Incorporate software or graphics to demonstrate concepts programming solutions.
Supervision and Delegation
- Primary source for monitoring employee performance on a daily basis and taking the appropriate action to report both positive and negative performance.
- Supervise and manage multiple clients and healthcare planners for applicable phases of projects.
- Proficient in using documentation standards.
- Prepare/edit marketing proposals and participate in interview.
- Understands all aspects of healthcare planning, and participate in the evaluation of the people assigned; and accurately and fairly document their performance.
- Ensure that the documents meet the Company and client standards/ protocols.
- Write training material for staff development.
- Primary proponent for healthcare planning project pursuits.
- Assist in the preparation of RFP’s for new work.
- Ability to market project capability through client interviews, public presentations, and professional publications.
- Be self-motivated in attaining position objectives and in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Exhibit drive, attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Prioritize and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
- Review and assist staff in setting budgets, goals, and preparing work plans that clearly define their expectations, and take appropriate action when they are met and when they are not met.
- Review and resolve any issues related to staff.
- Accountable for monitoring planning budgets and schedules, and reducing staff when the need arises.
- Coordinate with project manager to monitor staffing models to projected workloads to meet expected project timelines and profitability projections.
- Have complete knowledge and follows HMC procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Ensure that fellow staffs collaborate with and support design and follow design intent.
- Ensure that project design supports firm's design goals.
- Ultimate responsibility to client for quality of project planning/design and documents.
- Ensure that the projects have the appropriate healthcare planning/design staff.
- Ensure that Company and client standards and protocol are followed.
- Provide training and mentoring for all planning aspects of our work.
- Ensure that materials and systems meet Company and client standards and are within budget.
- Resolve code related questions and issues with Project Manager and client.
- Review cost estimates and conducts value analysis.
- Be proficient in discussing and incorporating building systems and logistics.
- Oversee and resolve healthcare planning issues during all phases.
Learning & Quality
- Demonstrate desire for continuous learning in core specialty.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Apply feedback to improve performance.
- Monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Responsible to see that project conforms to all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
- Coach, mentor, and provide performance-enhancing feedback of assigned team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in healthcare design and planning of medium and large-scale, complex healthcare projects.
- Previous GCC experience is highly advantageous
- Degree in Architecture or equivalent is expected.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
An excellent opportunity to work with a well renowned and respected main contractor in Bahrain. The company offers fantastic career opportunities in Bahrain and a sa result is a highly sought after employer.