Heavy Plant and Equipment Manager TunnelingRef MAX8940 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Australia and NZ Location Auckland, New Zealand Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 29/09/2020 Status Live
Our client, a blue chip global civil engineering contractor is seeking to appoint a seasoned Plant and Equipment Manager with experience in heavy plant and tunneling equipment for a landmark complex rail project underway in Auckland, New Zealand.
The Plant and Equipment Manager oversees plant management on the Project including investment planning, maximizing of use of owned and rented equipment, ensuring all equipment is safe and compliant and properly used.
You will be based full time on the project site in Auckland, New Zealand.
Overall JV Principles
- Achieve industry leading standards for health, safety and wellbeing
- Develop exceptional interfaces and collaborative relationships
- Complete the project on time
- Build a team committed to delivering high performance
- Achieve best value
- Set new benchmarks in sustainable and environmental performance
Responsibilities and Duties
- Resource and organize the plant department
- Define the project strategy for providing efficient and safe plant & equipment to the construction team.
- This includes developing an elaborate investment plan, source rented equipment, define the process to maintain and check equipment, and define training and accreditation needed to operate each piece of equipment
- Oversee the logistics for delivery and monitoring of plant & equipment, and for the importation, transport to site, and storage of all major components of the project
- Set-up a maintenance team to ensure all equipment on site is fit for purpose at all time.
- Oversee the spare parts stock and procurement.
- Source maintenance suppliers and subcontractors for all type of equipment on site.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical knowledge in heavy plant and tunnelling equipment
- 10 years’ experience in managing a plant department in major infrastructure construction projects or as an area manager
- Experience in international purchasing and importation of large plant and equipment
- Skills in team work and people management and development
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise duties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety initiatives
- Strong proven leadership skills
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A blue chip Tier 1 global civil engineering contractor with an impressive delivery record of major rail and infra projects is seeking to strengthen its team in Auckland on a major underground rail project.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package comprehensive suite of benefits are available for the successful individual.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend